Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cheeky monkey banana bread

Both of the children enjoy eating bananas, but here in Cyprus (where the heat gets the better of most things) they don't look nice and yellow for long...so what to do with black bananas??? Banana bread!
So, I make my banana bread in the same way i make most of my cakes, first put the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the wet-


For this recipe, we use 2 cups plain flour, add 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 cup sugar.


 Then I add 1/2 cup vegetable oil,2 eggs, and 3 mashed bananas. I also like to throw in a handful of walnuts, and sometimes (if the children are helping) we might add some chocolate chips too!



Turn the mixture into a nice loaf tin (27 x 13cm) and put in the oven (preheated to 175 C) and cook for around an hour, or until a knife (inserted into the middle of the bread) comes out clean. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment